We’ve all been there. Your day is sailing alone fine, when lo and behold something or more often, someone ticks you off. Now you are pissy. What to do to bounce back and fling yourself back into the sunshine?
1. Go to Starbucks – get a drink and sit your butt down…relax…breathe. Ahhhh. Now see? Isn’t that better? Surf the web on their awesome free Starbucks intranet. Listen to music, peruse new book titles, talk to other coffee addicts. Don’t feel like talking? Take a book or the Times with you. Easy as that.
2. Have a nice pal who will email you cute, funny videos. For instance a baby laughing hysterically when his dad tears up pieces of paper. If that does not send a smile, you are in some serious darkness.
3. A good book. Grab some quiet time in a remote corner, crack the cover, and allow the world to fade away.
4. Make a stop for a favorite food or beverage. Treat yourself people. If you won’t, who will? I recommend a lovely cheeseburger. The messier the better. Try 5 Napkin.
5. Visit a toy store and play with the toys. Relive your childhood; it’s never too late. Leave with a new game, invite some friends over..if you don’t have any friends, buy the hand-held version. Heh.
6. Listen to jazz and contemplate New Orleans. Do I smell gumbo? Magic.
7. Number seven – the magic number. When all else fails, think about how much worse it could be. Think of those who have no job, are homeless, or repressed. Now think about what you can do to help.
Your day really wasn’t so bad after all, now was it?
It was? Well…in that case crawl under your desk and hide, or hide out in the bathroom. Go for a walk. If all else fails, move on to the desperation plan: barf on the boss’s desk. Works every time.